It’s really no secret I love making granola. It’s one of the few things you can really experiment with and in all likelihood it will turn out great in the end. We’re getting ready to embark on a long road trip Thursday so my snack preparation has already begun.
I don’t want to run into any snags along the way, as any vegan or veg-friendly person knows it can be hard to find places to eat along the way. I’ll post a full break down of what we’re bringing closer to the trip, but for today here’s the granola I’ve prepped for the trip (I made extra because in all honesty one batch wouldn’t last all the way until Thursday in my house 🙂 ).
1 1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 cup raw agave+1 tbsp
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cardamom
2 tbsp natural crunchy Peanut Butter (you could also sub almond butter)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients: oats, seeds, almonds, cranberries, coconut sugar, spices in a bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and agave. Stir well until it’s mixed evenly. There will be some chunks from peanut butter I usually break up the larger ones and leave the smaller ones.
- Spread on silicone lined baking sheet (or you could use parchment paper. Silicone baking sheets are awesome and one of my favorite kitchen tools).
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes checking occasionally and stirring until golden and toasted. Remove from oven and let cool before transferring to an airtight container for storage.