Now I don’t say this lightly. These cookies are seriously good. They stay soft and buttery and magical even after cooling.Of course they are cookies so there aren’t really any health benefits to eating them, but there are mental health benefits. Give yourself a break! Enjoy a cookie.
The reason I started making these was for a get together with friends. I wanted a vegan dessert that would impress and so I turned to the Internet. I typed Best Vegan Cookie Recipe into the search bar and of course about 5 million popped up. After browsing through a few I had a general idea of what direction to follow and then I adapted it for my own purposes.
To say these were a success would be an understatement because people loved them! They couldn’t believe they were vegan and my dad even requested some to take to work to share. So after the response I just had to share the recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Coconut Cookie
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup coconut oil (solid)
1 cup brown sugar(could sub coconut sugar but I haven’t tested it yet)
1/3 cup coconut milk unsweetened
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup organic unbleached white flour
1 cup spelt flour (if you don’t have spelt flour I would recommend using 2 cups of regular flour, wheat flour might alter the taste)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup semi sweet vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350.
1) Cream oil and sugar together
2) Add in coconut milk and vanilla and mix well
3) Sift together dry ingredients and slowly add to wet ingredients while mixing.
4) After mixed well, add in peanut butter and mix again.
5) Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
6) Mixture will be crumbly! Thats ok. Scoop out a spoonful of dough and roll together so it sticks together. I squeezed it in my palm and then rolled it together. Place on silicone lined baking sheet and flatten a little with palm. Place in oven and bake for about 8-12 minutes.
I actually made two batches. One with just chocolate chips-No PB or coconut and one with.
They are easy and super delicious. Not too healthy but a good dessert to bring to parties! Enjoy.